Trauma Model Therapy (TMT)
- TMT is an evidence-based model for addictions, mental disorders, and can be used in any setting by Master’s, PhD or MD level therapists.
- TMT is not a personal opinion or philosophy—it is a wide-ranging, scientifically testable theory of the relationship between trauma, mental health disorders, self-defeating behaviors, and addictions.
- TMT involves a blend of cognitive, systems, and experiential therapies, with some psychodynamic elements.
- According to TMT, most mental health symptoms are normal reactions to trauma. They have a meaning and purpose—they are part of a survival strategy.
- TMT considers the role of temperament and genetic predisposition, but the main emphasis is on environmental causes of mental disorders.
“Trauma Model Therapy is suitable for a wide range of mental health problems and addictions. It is especially useful for individuals with many different symptoms and diagnoses.”
—Dr. Colin Ross is an internationally renowned clinician, researcher, author and lecturer in the field of dissociation and trauma-related disorders. He is the founder and President of The Colin A. Ross Institute for Psychological Trauma.
What is teletherapy?
Teletherapy is an avenue for you to receive counseling and psychotherapy services without going to an office. All you need is a phone, tablet or computer with internet access to connect to your therapist.
- Privacy – No more awkward glances in the waiting room or hallway, you don’t see other clients and they don’t see you.
- Comfort – As the client, you can sit in your favorite comfy chair, enjoy your coffee, have your pet lounging nearby and be in your own surroundings during your session.
- Scheduling – It can be hard to make time for therapy, even when you know it’s important. With teletherapy, drive time is eliminated so you can participate from your office, home, car, school, friend’s home, or even vacation or work destination.
- Social Anxiety – After trauma, being in places with other people can cause anxiety. Teletherapy offers you a chance to meet with your therapist from your own safe place.
- Weather & Other Unpredictable Events – Don’t miss your therapy session for things out of your control.
- Transportation NOT Required – Your mental health should not be negatively impacted by distance, a lack of driving privilege or license, access to transportation or dependence on another individual. Now you can speak with your therapist without going anywhere.
- Individual & Family Sessions – With teletherapy, one or more people can easily join the discussion from wherever they are. No more coordinating extensive drive times or sitting awkwardly in someone else’s office.
- Reduced Wait Times – Paperwork is done electronically through a private patient portal prior to the appointment. When it’s time for your session, simply click on the link that has been sent to you and be instantly connected.
- You Are Worth It – Mental health and physical health are closely tied together. CTS has made it easy to access the mental health services that you and your loved ones deserve!
“Teletherapy has been scientifically proven to effectively mediate positive change. The primary key to success is the therapist’s ability to be in tune with the client’s verbal and nonverbal ques. The CTS therapists have the innate ability to deliver healing messages via teletherapy. They are familiar with traditional therapeutic modalities and professionally meet the personal needs of their patients who are distanced by miles but brought close through technology.”
—Dr. Judith Miller, PhD, CAC III, RP
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
The goal of MAT is to control a specific set of conditions during the early stages of therapy. Once the conditions are addressed, the individual should taper off the medication as they replace negative coping skills with functional behaviors.
If you believe that a new medication may be beneficial for you while working through your therapy, we can provide assessments that will be helpful when speaking with your physician about medication treatment options.